Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Simple Snacking

Spinach.


When I type this word, most little kids scream "Yuck!!" and run and hide as if they just saw a monster. Most adults may even do the same. However I have found an extremely simple recipe to make spinach delicious but still keeping it healthy. Time and time again, I reach for the carrot sticks and celery to snack on and fill my tummy. I will soon be trying this recipe to make the simple, snack-able spinach chips!!


For the top benefits of spinach, click here. It's awesome to know that one little green leaf can do all of this!



Spinach Chips


1 bag fresh spinach leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
Spices (I recommend salt and pepper, garlic salt and red pepper flakes)

1. Preheat oven to 250. 
2. Check to see if spinach is pre-rinsed. If so, you're good to go. If not, rise and shake off excess water.
3. Toss spinach leaves in olive oil OR grease or line the sheet with parchment paper to make it easier for you to pick off the spinach leaves later. Add the desired spices, then lay the leaves out on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake for approximately 10 minutes then ENJOY :)


Veg On.

No comments: