So I am on spring break this week, and being the family-lover that I am, naturally I headed home! Now, the beginning of the week here in Massachusetts was SO delightful that it seriously felt like summer. For real. Upon seeing the woman that taught me all I know and love about cooking (Mom), together, we thought up many different recipes to try this week. On Tuesday my mom and I re-made a delicious wrap we've had at a little café in Maine. Here it goes!!
Wonder Wrap
Flour/whole wheat tortilla
1 tomato
About 5 stalks of asparagus
About a 1/2 cup arugula
1 zucchini
Balsamic vinegar
Gruyere cheese
1. Set your oven to broil and prepare the asparagus by washing it and snapping the ends off. Sprinkle olive oil, salt and pepper and place on a cookie sheet. Slice up the zucchini in about 4 slivers lengthwise. Roast 'em up for about 10 mins.
2. Slice up the tomato and shred the cheese in the desired amounts.
3. In a skillet, warm the tortilla and sprinkle the cheese onto it so it can melt.
4. Place ingredients on top of the melting cheese, but start with the arugula. Drizzle balsamic vinegar.
5. Slide off skillet into plate, wrap up, slice.....and ENJOY :)
Veg On.
No comments:
Post a Comment