Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Shenanigans

Good Morning Everyone :)

Today my friend and I decided to make a breakfast treat that costs about $2 at any local coffeeshop: scones! This recipe we followed takes no time at all to make and they're actually pretty delicious!! Here it is!




Sunday Morning Sugar Scones

2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup rolled oats (I used quaker oats)
Zest of a lemon
1 1/3 cups heavy cream

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine flour baking powder, salt, brown sugar and zest. Slowly stir in the heavy cream. the mixture should stick together, but also be a bit crumbly. 
2. Knead the dough for about a minute or so, until the dough comes together. 
3. Break with hands (as I did) or take a round cookie cutter and make your scones. After you ball up the dough, roll in flour and place on a non-stick cookie sheet. 
4. Place in preheated oven for 18-20 mins, depending on size you made the scones. Check occasionally.
5. Now, serve immediately! They're best when warm. I also had mine with some lovely raspberry jam, but any type will do :)

Veg On.

No comments: