Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vegetable Pizza


February 8, 2012


Pizza.....YUM.

My mom and I absolutely love to cook together, mostly because we throw ideas off each other. She is a vegetarian as well, and has helped me make the shift to this new world seamlessly. When I am on break or whenever I go home, we make pizza every weekend. It's not only FAR healthier than ordering out, but it's a fun bonding experience. Every time my mom and I make pizza, we use different toppings and try to create new combinations of veggies and cheese. Here was our latest concoction:



Veggie Pizza

Prep time: 45-50 mins
Serves: 2-4

Pre-packaged pizza dough ('cause as good as homemade is, it is expensive)
1 red bell pepper
1 bag of fresh spinach
1 yellow onion
1 small can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 clove of garlic
Olive oil

1. Follow instructions depending on the dough to preheat the oven.
2. Finely chop the garlic or put through a garlic press, if you have one. As a college student....I do not. Cut the red bell pepper, removing the insides, then into 1/4 inch strips. Then cut the onion into similar 1/4 inch strips.
3. Drizzle some of the olive oil into a pan and  toss the onion, garlic and pepper into the pan. After they simmer for a little bit, add the spinach. It does appear to be a heaping mound of it, but it does cook down quite a bit.
4. Stretch the pizza dough and spoon on a light amount of tomato sauce and top with the veggies. Lastly, add however much feta on to of the veggies that you want.
5. Put on a pizza stone, or a well sprayed pan and place in oven for 30-40 minutes, or depending on the time that's given for the dough you got.
6. Take out, slice up, and enjoy!

Veg on.

No comments: