Thursday, February 9, 2012

Veggie Lover's Pasta

COLOR!

Yes, I absolutely love color in my food, and in a sense I feel 5 again when I see an array of bright peppers, tomato sauce or salad. The way that color really does appeal to me is amazing, so I try to make all of my dishes appealing to not only the senses of smell and taste, but to sight as well. For this recipe that I made with one of my best friends, color is extremely prominent. Here comes the rainbow...






Veggie Pasta

Prep time: 30 mins
Serves: 2-4

1 red bell pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 long green italian pepper (lime green in color)
Small bunch of asparagus
1/2 yellow onion
1 box tri-color pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cups water
Any spice mill
Salt n' peppa

1. Set your oven on "broil".
2. Wash and snap the bottoms off the asparagus and lay the tops on a rectangular pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for about 10 mins.
3. Wash and chop all peppers into 1/4 inch strips and dice into about 1 inch squares. Peel and dice up the onion as well. Drizzle some olive oil in a pan and toss the peppers and onion in. Season with the spice mill or salt and pepper if desired. Stir frequently for about 15 mins.
4. When the asparagus is ready, chop into small sections and add to the peppers and onion.
5. Bring the 3-4 cups of water to a boil and add the box of pasta.
6. When the pasta is to your liking, drain the water from the pan and add in the veggies. Mix together and serve.

**Serving suggestion**: As pictured, I saved some asparagus to have on the side, because I like it so much. On top I drizzled some fresh shredded pepper jack cheese and it gave the dish even more of a yummy kick :)

Veg On.

No comments: